Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A very easy recipe. If you have left over rice and you are in a hurry this is the recipe to make. The rice needs to be cold in order to fry right. You can use less rice if you like or more hot pepper flakes if you like it really hot.
- 118.29 ml sliced green onion
- 118.29 ml diagonally sliced celery
- 473.18 ml diced pork roast
- 14.79 ml minced garlic
- 29.58 ml oil
- 709.77 ml cold cooked rice (rice needs to be cold in order to fry right)
- 236.59 ml sliced water chestnuts
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 0.25 ml hot pepper flakes
- 29.58-44.37 ml soy sauce (to taste)
- Saute onions, celery and pork in oil until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Add rice and water chestnuts.
- Combine pepper, salt, egg and soy sauce. Stir into rice mixture.
- Cook, stirring 2-3 minutes or until heated.
Yum but I did change a few things. I marinated fresh pork in soy sauce, plum sauce, garlic, ginger, and oyster sauce. Otherwise I made as directed. So simple and easy I will make this again! Thanks, Catnip46! Made for PAC2012
Very simple and good, I made extra rice the night before so that I would have enough for this dish. Although I am a fan of pork, I had garlic marinated chicken breast which I chose to use here. Other than that, as recipe. Always a favourite in our house, thank you, Catnip, much enjoyed, made for I Recommend tag game.
my first experience w/ stir fried rice...It was easy and really good-but I'm not much of an expert