Stir-Fried Red Rice With Sliced Sirloin Steak and Peas
- In a small saucepan, cover the rice with the water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low heat for about 25 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Then spread the rice out on a baking sheet and let cool.
- In a skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until simmering. Add garlic and cook over moderately high heat for about 30 seconds
- Add the sirloin, season with salt and cook until browned, turning once then transfer to plate.
- Heat remaining oil and add onion and ginger to skillet and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in greens and stir-fry over high heat until wilted, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the rice and peas, then the soy sauce and steak, stirring well.
- Season with salt and white pepper and transfer to bowl. Garnish with the cilantro and serve with lime wedges.