Another Food and Wine recipe by Su-Mei Yu
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup red rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces sirloin steaks, thinly sliced
- salt, to taste
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 1 cup peas (fresh or thawed)
- white pepper, freshly ground
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- lime wedge, for garnish
- 1In a small saucepan, cover the rice with the water and bring to a boil. Cover and cook on low heat for about 25 minutes, until the water is absorbed. Then spread the rice out on a baking sheet and let cool.
- 2In a skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until simmering. Add garlic and cook over moderately high heat for about 30 seconds
- 3Add the sirloin, season with salt and cook until browned, turning once then transfer to plate.
- 4Heat remaining oil and add onion and ginger to skillet and cook for about 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in greens and stir-fry over high heat until wilted, about 1 minute.
- 6Stir in the rice and peas, then the soy sauce and steak, stirring well.
- 7Season with salt and white pepper and transfer to bowl. Garnish with the cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Red Rice With Sliced Sirloin Steak and Peas
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.5
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 27.7 mg
- Sodium 42.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: