Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This dish goes well with fried rice and hot buttered crusty bread.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) packagecalifornia blend frozen vegetables
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (3 ounce) package beef-flavor ramen noodles
- Brown meat over medium high heat,in a large skillet; drain.
- Add vegetables, water, soy sauce and the flavoring packet from the ramen noodles.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Break noodles in half crosswise and add to vegetables.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes or till vegetables and noodles are tender.
- Stirring occasionally to separate noodles.
Darlene I just made this and it took just minutes. It looks great. I used some chunked chicken that I had in the freezer. I need quick recipes like this when I forget to get something out of the freezer. Thanks
I used oriental style vegetables instead of the California style and low sodium soy sauce. It was very easy to prepare. This was the first time I ever used Ramen Noodles in a stir fry. It tasted pretty good. Next time I think I will try it topped with fried chow mein noodles.
I just realized I forgot to rate this as I am making it again.My family and I just love it quick easy and flavorful. thanks for posting.