Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 8 ounces dried chinese noodles
- 5 teaspoons vegetable oil, mixed with 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 7 ounces raw tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces frozen, diced mixed vegetables
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 3 fluid ounces vegetable stock
- Bring a large pan of lightly salted water to the boil, add the noodles and cook until soft.
- Drain well.
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the onion, ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the Chinese Five Spice and cook for a further minute.
- Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, followed by the vegetable mix and noodles, continue to stir-fry for a further 3-5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and stock and continue to stir until well blended.
- Serve immediately.