This is out of my Asian cookbook...enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.
- 2Rinse the leeks well. Cut them first into 1 1/2 inch lengths and then lengthways into fine shreds.
- 3Slit open the chilli, remove and discard the seeds and cut the flesh into fine shreds.
- 4Cut the ginger into fine shreds.
- 5Heat a little of the oil in a wok and stir-fry the prawns in batches until just pink; remove from the wok.
- 6Add the remaining oil and stir-fry the leeks, chilli and ginger over high heat for 40 seconds, then push to one side of the wok.
- 7Return the prawns to the wok and stir-fry for about 1 1/2 minutes, or until just cooked through.
- 8Add the soy sauce and mirin to the pan.
- 9Mix the chicken broth and cornstarch and pour inches.
- 10Cook on high heat, stirring, until thickened.
- 11Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Prawns With Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 142.8 mg
- Sodium 817.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 16.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: