1/1 Photo of Stir Fried Prawns in Chilli Bean Sauce
A delicious combination of prawns with a selection of vegetables, made with Yeo's Chilli bean sauce which gives it a unique flavour and a bit of a kick - easy to prepare and easier to eat!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml oil
- 12 prawns, large, raw
- 4.92 ml garlic, crushed
- 4.92 ml ginger, grated
- 236.59 ml bean sprouts
- 6 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 150 g asparagus, cut into lengths, blanched
- 1 capsicum, red, slivered
- 118.29 ml chicken stock
- 22.18 ml soya sauce, light
- 7.39 ml soya sauce, dark
- 7.39 ml oyster sauce
- 7.39 ml chili bean sauce, Yeo's (to taste)
- 4.92 ml sesame oil
- 4.92 ml cornflour, heaped
- 1Shell the prawns, remove the heads, devein and cut in half,the flesh should be about the size of your thumb -, of if you have small prawns double the amount, shell etc but do not cut in half.
- 2Place in a small bowl, cover and place in the fridge.
- 3Blanch the asparagus, and add to the bean sprouts ginger, garlic, red capsicum and spring onions.
- 4In a measuring cup make the 1/2 cup of chicken stock and add the oyster sauce both the Soya sauces, the sesame oil and the chilli bean Sauce add the cornflour mixed in enough water to make a thick paste.
- 5Heat the wok, adding the oil and stir fry the vegetables, ginger and garlic until cooked but still crisp.
- 6I do my Chinese cooking a different way by then putting the vegetables in a warm dish in the oven then, adding a dash more oil toss the prawns in and stir fry for just a couple of minutes.
- 7Add the Chicken stock and the rest of the ingredients to the prawns, bring to the boil and immediately add the vegetables back to the wok,stirring to get the sauce mixed through the dish,.
- 8Serve immediately with plain boiled noodles of your choice - absolutely delicious.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Prawns in Chilli Bean Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.2
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 47.1 mg
- Sodium 2000.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili bean sauce