Recipe by lazyme
From Weight Watchers New 365 Day Menu Cookbook, this sounds really good.
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
This was a real hit at my house! Even my toddler couldn't get enough of the veggies. Very quick to make with just some chopping & slicing prep, this was an easy weeknight meal. The only thing we would change in the future is to not cook the onions first by themselves. It's simply personal preference that we like our onions a little crisper & as my DS described it, "Still in self-defense mode, where they are emitting toxins that burn your eyes!' LOL I don't know that I want them raw, but I think I'll try starting all the veggies at the same time next time. :) Oh, and actually, after taking the photos I squeezed the lemon slice I used for garnish & ended up really liking the dimension the lemon added. I think lemon might be a good sub for the white wine vinegar if needed, or just in addition to it. :) Thanks for sharing, lazyme. We'll be making this again. Made & enjoyed in Don's memory. You're in our thoughts, lazyme!
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 473.18 ml broccoli florets
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise & cut into 1-inch pieces
- 236.59 ml sugar snap pea
- 283.49 g lean boneless pork loin, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme, minced or 1.23 ml dried thyme
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.25 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 14.79 ml white wine vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil; add onions.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, 5 minutes, until softened.
- Add broccoli and 1/4 cup water; cook, covered, 4 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
- Add bell pepper, zucchini and peas; cook, covered, 2 minutes, until bell pepper is tender.
- Move vegetables to sides of skillet, making a well in center; place pork, thyme, salt and black pepper into well.
- Cook pork mixture, stirring frequently, 6 minutes, until pork is browned on all sides.
- Add vinegar; toss pork mixture and vegetables together.
- Cook, continuing to toss, 3 minutes, until pork is cooked through.
- SERVING (1 1/2 CUPS) PROVIDES: 1/2 Fat, 2 3/4 Vegetables, 2 Proteins.
- PER SERVING: 190 Calories, 7 g Total Fat, 2 g Saturated Fat, 42 mg Cholesterol, 226 mg Sodium, 14 g Total Carbohydrate, 5 g Dietary Fiber, 20 g Protein, 82 mg Calcium; 3 points.