1/1 Photo of Stir-Fried Pork With Sugar Snap Peas
This recipe, created in the Food Network kitchens, has become a family favorite. The pork is so tender, the sugar snap peas so crisp and the Asian flavors are so wonderful. We love everything about it! Serve it with rice and you really could have a complete meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and green parts kept separate)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced (about 1 1/2 T)
- 1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon sherry wine or 1 teaspoon shaohsing wine
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 5 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1 lb sugar snap pea, stringed
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- hot cooked jasmine rice, for serving (optional)
- 1Mix the pork with the scallion whites, half of the garlic, half of the ginger, all of the soy sauce, all the sugar, 1 t. of the cornstarch, all of the sherry and all of the sesame oil. Marinate at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
- 2Mix the remaining 1 t. cornstarch with 2 T. water and set aside.
- 3Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add 1 T. of the peanut oil and heat.
- 4Add the sugar snap peas and the remaining garlic, ginger and stir-fry until the sugar snap peas are bright green but still crisp (about 1 minute). Season with salt and pepper to taste and then put into a large bowl.
- 5Reheat the empty skillet over high heat and add 2 more T. oil.
- 6Add half the pork mixture, season with salt and pepper to taste and stir-fry until lightly browned (about 2 minutes or so) Add this first batch of cooked pork to the sugar snap peas in the bowl.
- 7Repeat with the rest of the oil and pork.
- 8Return all the pork and sugar snap peas back to the skillet and add the hoisin and the cornstarch/water mixture. . Cook until the juices thicken (about 1 minute).
- 9Mound the stir-fry on a serving platter or divide amongst 4 plates and scatter the scallion greens over the top.
- 10Serve with rice, if desired.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Pork With Sugar Snap Peas
Serving Size: 1 (276 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.1
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 260.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: