Stir-Fried recipe from Diabetes Forecast. Serving size 1 cup; Vegetable Exchanges 1; Lean Meat Exchanges 3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (or substitute 3 Tbsp. low-fat, reduced-sodium chicken broth)
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons canola oil or 2 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 3 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium low-fat chicken broth (optional)
- 1In a bowl, combine the pork, 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce, sherry (or chicken broth), rice vinegar and red pepper flakes if using. Marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- 2Drain and discard marinade. Bring to room temperature.
- 3Heat half the oil in a wok or heavy skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry for about 5 to 7 minutes until pork is almost cooked through. Remove the pork with a slotted spoon.
- 4Add the remaining oil to the pan with the garlic, shallots, and cabbage. Stir-fry for about 5 minutes until cabbage is wilted.
- 5Sprinkle the remaining soy sauce on the pork and add the chicken broth if you desire more liquid. Heat and serve.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Pork With Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (201 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 240.5
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 74.8 mg
- Sodium 1073.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 26.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: