Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 303.90 g boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 236.59 ml sliced fresh mushrooms
- 236.59 ml chopped celery
- 118.29 ml diced carrot
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1419.54 ml chicken broth
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh spinach
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 44.37 ml cold water
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a 3 quart saucepan, stir-fry pork, mushrooms, celery and carrots in oil until pork is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- Add broth and spinach.
- Combine cornstarch and water to make a thin paste; stir into soup. Return to a boil; boil for 1 minute.
- Quickly stir in egg. Add pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Made half a recipe for the two of us and used ground pork. Served with lettuce wraps and a veggie stir fry.
I made this tonight for my family. I didn't eat it (I've vegan) but they raved! The only changes I made: I marinated the pork (which was about 1lb.) in ginger, soy sauce, garlic and lemon grass. I added some diced onion to the soup, also, because I mis-read and thought it required it. The spoons clinked in the bowls to the last drops. Excellent, easy to follow recipe.
The description is spot on - it was quick and easy, and tasted great! DH (who is picky) said I could make this anytime. I made it exactly as written, and to season it, I added a splash of soy sauce, about 1/2 tsp sambal oelek (for heat), and also a little powdered ginger. Yummy! I selected this recipe for Pick A Chef Spring 2008.