Recipe by The Flying Chef
I made this the other night and this is another great quick and easy mid week meal to make, as it can be on the table in about 30 Min's. My hubby and I have been watching our carb intake at the moment and are trying not to eat starchy carbs in the evening, so I served as is, but it would pair well with steamed Jasmine rice.
Top Review by cyaos
Another tasty and quick dish! I made this as written with the exception of using a yellow onion (couldn't find any brown) and omitting the bean sprouts for health reasons. This was fantastic tasting for very little effort. We will definitely be having this again. Thanks for posting!
- 29.58 ml peanut oil, divided use
- 600 g pork fillets, sliced in thin strips
- 1 brown onion, sliced thickly
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4.92 ml fresh grated gingerroot
- 1 small red pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced
- 200 g asparagus, trimmed
- 100 g sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 200 g bean sprouts
- 29.58 ml light soy sauce
- 118.29 ml plum sauce, I use sharwood's plum sauce with a hint of ginger
- 14.79 ml hoisin sauce, I use blue dragon brand
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a wok and stir-fry pork, in batches, until browned, remove from wok and set to one side.
- Heat remaining oil in wok, add onion, garlic and ginger, stir-fry 1 Minute.
- Add red and yellow peppers stir-fry 1 minute, add soy sauce, return pork to pan, stir-fry until peppers start to soften.
- Add asparagus, peas, sprouts, plum and hoi sin sauces, stir-fry until remaining veg are just tender, you still want a nice crunch.
- Cooking time will be longer if not using a wok.
- To Serve: Either serve as is for low carb or serve over jasmine rice.