Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is my friend's mom recipe that she told me over the phone, and it turned out great when I tried it. Paneer is Indian cheese (for homemade paneer, refer Homemade Paneer / Panir (Indian Curd Cheese)). You can substitute with firm tofu or feta cheese, but this really tastes best with paneer. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic paste (You may use fresh minced garlic)
- 1⁄8 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled panir or 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (Refer Homemade Paneer / Panir (Indian Curd Cheese) for paneer; if using feta cheese omit the salt in this recipe)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala (optional)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium-high flame and saute garlic paste in it for 30 seconds, without allowing it to brown.
- Add the chopped onions and bell peppers and saute for 5-10 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Now turn the flame to high and add the paneer (or feta cheese), tomatoes, chili powder, garam masala, and salt, and saute with constant stirring for about 10 minutes or until all the juices have come out of the tomatoes and absorbed by the veggies and the paneer.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with rotis or bread!
Except for the tomato, I basically doubled everything in this recipe. I didn't add in the garam masala and I had to add in a little water since I didn't have much tomato juice. Thanks for this fast, tasty recipe!
try adding capsicum to this stir-fry. it tastes amazing.
WOW ! A great change.I felt the secret ingredient was the olive oil as it adds a flavour to the paneer instead of the normal oil.That flavour coupled with all the spices was simply fantastic.The entire family loved it. Thanks !