Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was searching through some old recipes and came across this. I haven't made it in years but it is a good weeknight meal.
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons tamari or 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups vegetables (broccoli, carrots, bell pepper, onion)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Mix water and cornstarch, add tamari sauce.
- Trim fat from beef and cut into strips. Heat skillet with oil. Add beef, ginger, and garlic powder. Stir fry until beef is heated through.
- Add vegetables and cook until crisp tender.
- Stir in orange juice and cornstarch mixture. Cook until thickened, about 4 minutes.
- Add oranges and heat until cooked through.
- Serve over rice.
This is easy and quick to make for dinner. Made for Summer Comfort Cafe
This was very good, and made for a quick and easy lunch. I used fresh ginger and garlic, which I sauted in the oil before adding the veggies. I used cooked shrimp which I added with the oranges at the end, but the beef would be good too. The sauce is light, not too thick, but I would like more orange flavor to it and wonder if OJ concentrate would work? I wasn't in the mood for carrots so skipped them and used a fresh small orange. I would add a a pinch of ginger powder into the sauce at the end to bring that flavor out a little more. Thanks Heidi for another tasty recipe. Made for the Comfort Cafe July 09