Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
serve this the next time you have a yen for noodles.
Make and share this stir fried noodles with curried lamb recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces udon noodles
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mild molasses
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 3 tablespoons peeled chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups sliced napa cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 8 ounces leg of lamb, cut into thin strips
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 4 tablespoons Thai basil
- boil udon noodles according to package directions, drain and return to pot.
- mix in 1 tbsp oil and sesame oil and set aside.
- mix cornstarch with sherry until blended.
- stir in next 5 ingredients, set aside.
- heat 2 tbsp oil in skillet over high heat.
- add ginger, garlic, scallions, and chiles, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- add cabbage, lamb and peppers, cook for 2-3 minutes until lamb is cooked through.
- stir in the sherry mixture and cook until sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes.
- add lamb sauce to the noodles in the pot.
- toss over high heat until the noodles are coated with the sauce.
- mix in 2 tbsp cilantro.
- transfer to a large bowl, sprinkle with remaining cilantro, serve.
Great recipe. The lamb works so well with this. Tonight I used minced lamb (ground). Love the flavour of the fresh herbs. Thanks for another keeper chia.
Wonderful flavor! I used leftover roast lamb in this and it turned out fantastic! The flavor is not overwhelmingly coconut, and it is just a little bit spicy, although I enjoyed mine with some extra sriracha sauce. Quite enjoyable! Thanks for posting.