1/4 Photos of Stir-Fried Mushrooms and Broccoli
This is a very versatile vegetable dish that can be served over pasta or rice. The recipe calls for fresh mushrooms; however, it's equally good with dried shitake that have been reconstituted. This is from The New American Diet Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into flowerets
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 3/4 cup vegetable stock
- cooked rice or pasta
- 1In a medium saucepan, melt the margarine or butter and add onions, saute 2 minutes.
- 2Add the mushrooms and stir for 5 minutes, remove from heat and set aside.
- 3Heat the oil in wok and add broccoli and garlic, cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Add the drained water chestnuts and cook an additional 2 minutes longer.
- 5Blend the cornstarch, sugar and ginger with soy sauce, stir in vegetable stock; add to wok and cook until thickened.
- 6Reduce the heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes or until broccoli is just crisp-tender.
- 7Add the mushroom mixture to the broccoli, stir and serve over pasta, spaghetti squash or rice.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Mushrooms and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (150 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 85.3
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 87.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 3.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: