Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Posted for ZWT 2006. This is from my Simply Cooking Thai & Chinese cookbook. Another QETH (quick, easy, tasty and healthy dish)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil or 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 piece gingerroot, peeled and finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli floret
- 1⁄2 cup snow peas
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut in match sticks
- 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut in strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut in strips
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 scallions, trimmed and shredded (to garnish)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat wok, add oil when hot, add the garlic and giger and stirfry for one minute.
- Add broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute, then add snow peas, carrots and the green and red peppers.
- Stir-fry for an additional 3-4 minutes or until tender but still crisp.
- Blend the soy sauce, hoisin sauce and sugar in a small bowl. Stir well, season to taste with salt and pepper and pour into the wok, stirring well to distribute.
- Transfer to a serving dish.
- Garnish with scallions.
Super tasty with Lao rice noodles and mushroom soy sauce. We doubled the recipe. Super good. C:
Very easy and tasty. Keeper. Thanks for sharing the recipe.
I made this recipe for dinner and got rave reviews. I added in some mushrooms and leftover chicken and doubled the sauce like another reviewer and served it over rice. The next time I make this I will not add any salt as I thought that it was salty enough due to the soy sauce. Thank you Galley Wench for posting a new family favourite.