Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
I looked through 15 pages of Pepper recipes and could not find one even close so will post one. I do this recipe for a Sunday brunch or as a side dish for BBQ's. It is very colorful and tasty. Be sure not to cook the peppers too long, you only want to heat them through so they are still crisp. I often use left over oven fries and then leave out the mushrooms.
- 1 cup sweet green pepper, seeded,membranes removed and cut in thin strips
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, prepared the same ad the green pepper
- 1 cup yellow sweet peppers or 1 cup orange bell pepper, prepared the same as the green peppers
- 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded,membranes removed and finely chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Heat veggie oil in a skillet and add the garlic until it is light brown.
- Add mushrooms, stir fry 2 minutes.
- Add all your peppers and stir fry for not more than 6 minutes.
Enjoyed the flavours, thanks for sharing.
These were great! The Mushrooms make a big difference. I served this as a side dish with meatballs and rice. It went over well. Thanks
One of my favorite way to enjoy Mushrooms and sweet peppers!! I can eat these just plain the way they are! These veggies are so good together. Thanks Bergy for posting this recipe, I have always made mine the same way :)