Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tua Yao Pad Prik Pow. An authentic Thai dish from cooking instructer, Kasma Loha-unchit Clark, www.thaifoodandtravel.com
- 1 lb long beans
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, for stir-frying
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons roasted chili paste (nahm prk pow)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, to taste
- 1⁄2-1 cup thai sweet basil (bai horapa)
- Trim and discard the ends of the long beans. Cut the beans crosswise into segments about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Swirl in the oil to coat the surface evenly. When the oil is hot, stir in the garlic and saute a few seconds.
- Toss in the long beans and stir-fry 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon in the roast chilli paste. Stir to mix well with the beans.
- Add a quarter cup of water, stir and cover with a lid to allow the beans to steam.
- Open lid and stir occasionally, adding more water as needed until the beans begin to turn tender.
- Season to taste with fish sauce.
- Add the basil, stir well into the mixture to wilt.
- Continue to stir-fry until the beans are tender to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve warm along with the other dishes with steamed rice.