Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is one of our favourite and healthy dishes from Asia. Use vegetarian oyster sauce for vegan version.
- 350 g baby kai lan or 350 g broccoli, washed and drained
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- oyster sauce, to drizzle
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add garlic, salt and stir fry, until it is just beginning to turn light brown.
- Add vegetables, stir, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Take out in a serving dish and dot a few drops of Oyster sauce on top.
- Serve hot, with other main meal dishes and rice.
When we order broccoli in China, this is the standard preparation: oil, garlic, and salt. (Sometimes with MSG or a bit of chicken broth or bouillon granules.) This is just right.
Crunchy and tasty broccoli! This recipe is so simple, but it gives your broccoli a nice flavor without having it swim in sauce. I went low on the salt because oyster sauce can be quite salty. I drizzled the oyster sauce while the broccoli was still in the wok and tossed it around before serving. That little bit of oyster sauce makes a big difference in flavor! I'll certainly prepare broccoli this way again. Thanx for sharing this.
Really like the oyster sauce on the broccoli. Next time I'll probably not use any salt-the sauce seems salty enough.