A quick & tasty side dish, great as part of an Asian meal. I have used the large bok choy in the past, but have sliced the stem smaller. This will make the dish slightly bitter. The stems should still have some 'crunch'. Adapted from an Australian Women's Weekly recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 350 g green beans, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 8 scallions, roughly chopped (Spring onion or green onion or shallots depending where you are from. The very thin, long ones.)
- 500 g english spinach, chopped (1 bunch)
- 670 g baby bok choy, chopped (2 bunches)
- 1 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce (mild)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1Prepare all the vegetables & measure out sauces. Blanch the beans by covering with boiling water, draining, rinsing and draining again.
- 2Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over med-hot heat. Add garlic, ginger and shallots and cook, stirring & shaking the pan, until shallots are softened.
- 3Add the beans, spinach & bok choy. Continue to stir until bok choy is starting to wilt.
- 4Add all sauces and stir until heated through. Sprinkle with the coriander to serve.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Greens With Green Beans
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.2
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 566.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 9.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
sweet chili sauce