Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Nearly all the Green tomato recipes are breded & fried in butter or even deep fried. I wanted something lighter so raided the garden and put this together- We enjoyed it so I decided to post it. Use whatever peppers you want in place of the banana pepper. Use your favorite BBQ sauce. Serve as a side dish with eggs or meat of your choice.
- 2 roma green tomatoes, cut 1/4-inch slices
- 2 banana peppers, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granular garlic
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- Spray a skillet lightly with oil.
- Place over medium/high heat.
- Add all the ingredients and stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Do not over cook - the ingredients should be heated through but still crisp.
This was excellent. I can green tomatoes for winter so this a nother way to fix them Thanks for the great recipe
This really filled the bill. I diced the little green Roma tomatoes, added cukes, onions, bell peppers, celery, halved cherry tomatoes and dashed a little amnios, salt and pepper. It just disappeared! Yum.