Recipe by chia
i made paula g's green beans with cashews, divided it after it was done and came up with this recipe for those in my family that like spicy oriental style dishes. you can add shrimp, etc to make this a main dish meal.
Top Review by Three Kids Make Me Crazy
I modified the ingredients a little, but made the sauce the same. Left out the mushrooms out of family preference and the noodles just because I was looking for a veggie side dish. My six year old ate three servings (large servings). Very very good, definitely a keeper. Thanks chia!
- 1 lb green beans, tipped,blanched for 5 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 slices ginger, peeled and chopped,1 tsp
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced--shiitake preferred
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallions, white part,reserve green tips or 1⁄2 cup onion
- 8 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon mushroom soy sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 ounces dried cellophane noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- in a bowl of very hot/boiling water, let cellophane noodles sit for 10 minutes.
- blanch green beans in boiling water, or microwave on hi for 4 minutes, drain and refresh with ice water to stop cooking.
- drain noodles, season with sesame oil, set aside.
- heat a skillet on high, add oil.
- add onions or scallions, cashews, garlic, ginger and mushrooms.
- saute for a few minutes until cooked.
- add green beans, stir, cook for 5 minutes.
- add oyster sauce, sambal olek and soy, stirring.
- add bean sprouts,stir for 2 minutes.
- add cellophane noodles, stir well, remove from heat, serve.