1/2 Photos of Stir Fried Green Beans With Sprouts and Cellophane Noodles
i made paula g's green beans with cashews, divided it after it was done and came up with this recipe for those in my family that like spicy oriental style dishes. you can add shrimp, etc to make this a main dish meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb green beans, tipped,blanched for 5 minutes
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 slices ginger, peeled and chopped,1 tsp
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced--shiitake preferred
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white part,reserve green tips or 1/2 cup onion
- 8 ounces fresh bean sprouts
- 4 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 -2 tablespoon mushroom soy sauce, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 6 ounces dried cellophane noodles
- 1in a bowl of very hot/boiling water, let cellophane noodles sit for 10 minutes.
- 2blanch green beans in boiling water, or microwave on hi for 4 minutes, drain and refresh with ice water to stop cooking.
- 3drain noodles, season with sesame oil, set aside.
- 4heat a skillet on high, add oil.
- 5add onions or scallions, cashews, garlic, ginger and mushrooms.
- 6saute for a few minutes until cooked.
- 7add green beans, stir, cook for 5 minutes.
- 8add oyster sauce, sambal olek and soy, stirring.
- 9add bean sprouts,stir for 2 minutes.
- 10add cellophane noodles, stir well, remove from heat, serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Green Beans With Sprouts and Cellophane Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.9
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 13.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 584.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mushroom soy sauce