Recipe by Whisper
Stir-frying leaves green beans wonderfully crunchy, and the addition of pine nuts adds even more crunch! From the cookbook Lean and Luscious and Meatless.
Top Review by Belinda in Austin, TX
Easy and very tasty Asian side dish! I didn't steam the green beans (after adding the soy sauce and water) quite 5 minutes...I like my beans crisp-tender. Thank you!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 lb fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add green beans, garlic, onions, and pine nuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly with a tossing motion, 5 to 7 minutes, until onions start to brown.
- Stir in soy sauce, pepper and water.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook 5 minutes, stirring once during cooking time.