Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From "The Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen" and adapted to my family's liking. Easy and quick.
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, raw
- 1 bell peppers, any color or 1 cup bell pepper, mixed colors
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Wash beans and dry thoroughly. Use fresh green beans- the longer the better for presentation. Traditionally long beans are used.
- Trim beans at each end and slice pepper into strips equal to the size of the beans.
- In a hot wok or skillet add oil and beans and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup hot water. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper strips and re-cover cooking for 1 minute.
- Add salt and sugar and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Very easy and quick. Used a banna pepper and added Sriraccha Hot Sauce just a little. I will made this again but using less sugar. I do believe next time I ill add oother items I have growing in the garden.
These were really good, and a nice change of pace for the same old green beans. The flavor was pretty subtle; I think next time I will either increase the salt/sugar combo or add red pepper as another reviewer suggested. I used frozen bell pepper, which may have watered down the flavor a bit, too. Thanks for posting; we really enjoyed this! Made for the Mischief Makers, ZWT 6.
A little gem of a dish; very easy, very tasty. I added a few baby sweetcorn cobs too.