Recipe by Mama's Kitchen (Hope)
From "The Wisdom of the Chinese Kitchen" and adapted to my family's liking. Easy and quick.
Top Review by Timothy H.
Very easy and quick. Used a banna pepper and added Sriraccha Hot Sauce just a little. I will made this again but using less sugar. I do believe next time I ill add oother items I have growing in the garden.
- 8 ounces fresh green beans, raw
- 1 bell peppers, any color or 1 cup bell pepper, mixed colors
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash beans and dry thoroughly. Use fresh green beans- the longer the better for presentation. Traditionally long beans are used.
- Trim beans at each end and slice pepper into strips equal to the size of the beans.
- In a hot wok or skillet add oil and beans and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup hot water. Cover and cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper strips and re-cover cooking for 1 minute.
- Add salt and sugar and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.