Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe by Jackie O. at allrecipes.com. Can substitute hoisin sauce for the black bean sauce for a different flavor. If you have "black bean and garlic sauce", reduce or eliminate the garlic! Adjust the amount of red pepper flakes to taste.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic, about 3 cloves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large wok, heat oil with red pepper flakes over medium-high heat. Stir in green beans; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in garlic and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and then stir in black bean sauce. Cover and continue cooking until green beans are tender, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.