Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great Asian side dish, works well as a main dish with brown rice as well.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 shallots, sliced
- 1 inch fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chile, deseeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 500 g green beans, trimmed into 2 inch lengths
- 50 g unsalted cashews
- 125 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Heat oil in a wok and stir fry the garlic, shallots and ginger over a medium heat for 1 one minute.
- Add chili and salt and mix well.
- Add beans and nuts and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add stock, wine, soy vinegar and sugar and bring to boil.
- Turn down heat and stir fry until the liquid has thickened and the beans are cooked.