Recipe by cookiedog
From Fete Accomplie in Washington D.C. EDIT: Please do not use the Zaar converter to cut this recipe in half as it is inaccurate with thirds.
Top Review by Artemis Platts
This is excellent. I did make some adjustments (based on ingredients I had at hand) - I used 1/2 of the chicken and added more veggies- carrots, mushrooms,green pepper, green peas. Also, substituted pasta for the rice. I didn't have any sherry, so I used merlot instead. It's the combination of the garlic, ginger, soy and wine that make this recipe. Awesome! DH loved it too! Highly recommended.
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into flowerets and sliced stems
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 inches fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chicken into 1 inch strips and stir-fry it in the oil over high heat for about 2 minutes, until it has browned and is barely cooked through. Drain the chicken and set it aside.
- Steam the broccoli flowerets and the sliced stems for 3 minutes, and the snow peas for 1 minute. Set them aside.
- Boil the chicken stock, ginger, and garlic for 5 minutes and then strain the stock.
- Combine the cornstarch with the cold water. Stir it into the chicken stock and boil the mixture until it has thickened. Add the soy sauce, sherry, and sesame oil. Add the chicken and vegetables to the sauce and heat through. Serve with boiled or steamed rice.