1/4 Photos of Stir-Fried Ginger Chicken
From Fete Accomplie in Washington D.C. EDIT: Please do not use the Zaar converter to cut this recipe in half as it is inaccurate with thirds.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, separated into flowerets and sliced stems
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 inches fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup cold water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Cut the chicken into 1 inch strips and stir-fry it in the oil over high heat for about 2 minutes, until it has browned and is barely cooked through. Drain the chicken and set it aside.
- 2Steam the broccoli flowerets and the sliced stems for 3 minutes, and the snow peas for 1 minute. Set them aside.
- 3Boil the chicken stock, ginger, and garlic for 5 minutes and then strain the stock.
- 4Combine the cornstarch with the cold water. Stir it into the chicken stock and boil the mixture until it has thickened. Add the soy sauce, sherry, and sesame oil. Add the chicken and vegetables to the sauce and heat through. Serve with boiled or steamed rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Ginger Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.0
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 861.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 32.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: