Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
Really delicious and a great way to get your veggies!
- 12 ounces strips loin steak
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 yellow bell peppers
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Discard any excess fat from the steak and cut the meat into thin, bite-sized strips.
- Slice the broccoli florets from the stalk.
- Cut the florets into pieces, then peel the stalks and slice into thin rounds.
- Cut and discard the stems from each mushroom, then thickly slice the caps.
- Slice the peppers into thin strips.
- In a small bowl, stir the soy sauce with the sherry, brown sugar, cornstarch, ginger, garlic and sesame oil until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- Coat a large frying pan or wok with vegetable oil and set over medium-high heat.
- Add the steak and stir fry until it changes colour, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the vegetables.
- Stir the sauce and pour inches.
- Stir fry until the vegetables are tender crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Mix in the cilantro.
- Serve over noodles or rice.