Recipe by Julie B's Hive
This dish, popular in many parts of China, can only be made with whole fresh sea crabs or freshwater crabs. From Ethnic Cuisine.
- 3 tablespoons vegetables or 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 large fresh crabs, cleaned, broken into pieces and legs cracked with a cleaver
- 2 ounces fresh gingerroot, julienned
- 3 1⁄2 ounces scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a preheated wok or deep pan over high heat. Add the crab and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the wok or pan over high heat. Add the ginger and stir-fry until fragrant. Stir in the scallions, then the crab pieces. Add the soy sauce, sugar, and pepper, then cover and simmer for 1 minutes. Serve immediately.