Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a Latin-style steak stir-fry. It's quick and rustic. It can easily be adjusted to serve more or less people. Recipe courtesy of Ingrid Hoffmann!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lb flank steak, sliced into 1 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, cored, halved and sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce (I use low-sodium)
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the steak and stir fry until it is browned on all sides, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer steak to a plate and set aside.
- Add the onion, tomato, garlic, salt and pepper to the same skillet and cook until the onion is soft and the tomato starts to break down, about 2-4 minutes.
- Return the beef to the skillet and add the soy sauce and vinegar. Cook 1 minute, season with salt and pepper to taste and serve!