Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
From American Heart Association's One Dish Meals. Posted per mom and dad's request. Per serving: 227 calories, 4 g fat, 24 g protein, 22 g carb, 3 g fiber, 49 mg cholesterol.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb firm-fleshed fish fillet, cut into 3/4-inch cubes (cod, halibut, or salmon)
- 6 ounces fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄4 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked instant brown rice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large zip-lock heavy-duty plastic bag, combine the lime juice, olive oil, ginger, curry powder, garlic, and red pepper flakes.
- Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put fish in the bag; seal, and gently turn the bag over several times to coat the fish.
- Refrigerate 15 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add in fish with marinade, stir-fry 3-4 minutes or until the fish is almost cooked through, stirring constantly.
- Stir in snow peas and green onions; cook 1 minute or until snow peas are crisp-tender, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, rice, and salt; bring to a simmer, stirring once.
- Lower heat and simmer, covered, 10 mintues or until rice is tender.