Recipe by threeovens
This Cambodian recipe is known as Mee Char Sach Moan and is a holiday favorite.
- 6 cups water
- 1⁄2 lb thin egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb boneless chicken breast, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bean sprouts, washed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the 6 cups of water to a boil in a large pot; add noodles, stir so they do not stick, then cook until tender (see package directions).
- Drain noodles and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup water with cornstarch, fish sauce, soy sauce, and sugar; mix well and set aside.
- Heat your wok or large skillet over high heat, then add oil, garlic, and chicken; stir fry until chicken is cooked through; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in carrots and onion; add noodles and stir until noodles are hot.
- Stir in bean sprouts; add cornstarch mixture and stir well to thicken sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in green onions.
- Serve hot.