Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Too many cucumbers in your garden this year -- this is a delicious change from the usual use of garden cucumbers. Recipe source: local newspaper
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into slivers
- 2 tomatoes, cut into thin wedges
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a wok or skillet heat one tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add cucumbers and stir fry 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add1 more tablespoon of oil to wok and and stir fry green onions and pepper 3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add 1 more tablespoon of oil to wok and stir fry tomatoes 1 minute.
- Return cucumbers, green onions and pepper to wok, along with the sesame seeds, mint, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 1 minute.
I really enjoyed this dish. The texture was crisp and the flavours unusual but very nice.
Ellie- We absolutely loved the stir fry cucumber dish. We also love Mexican, so we added a pack of taco seasoning, and lots of garlic of course (omitted the mint)! It was served on flour wraps with sour cream and a little cheese. Now, my parents want the recipe (we had them over tonight for dinner). I was weary of the combination at first, but I had everything on hand, so I went for it. Thank you so much!!! (Tomorrow night, to use the rest of the cucumbers, I am making it again, and adding a little meat. Chicken, beef or shrimp...)
I was a little disappointed by this. The flavors blended together and then seemed to just melt away. It wasn't bad, but I don't think I would repeat the effort.