Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a delicious, easy one-dish meal. The flavors in the dish are amazing--you'll be transported to Southeast Asia. The less common ingredients should be available in the Asian section of the supermarket. If you like some heat, add some red or green curry paste. This dish tastes best the first day.
- 1 lb linguine style rice noodles or 1 lb italian linguine
- 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 lb ground pork or 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 (1/2 lb) eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste (optional) or 1 teaspoon red curry paste (optional)
- nam pla (fish sauce) or soy sauce or salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (to garnish)
- If using rice noodles, place them in a bowl and cover them with very hot water. Soak them until read to add to the stir fry in Step 4. If using linguine, bring a large pot of water to a boil, salt it, and cook paste until it is nearly but not quite done. Drain, and rinse in cold water.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet or wok; turn heat to high. A minute later, add meat, and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon; set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the skilled, followed by the bell pepper and eggplant. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until both are browned and tender, about 10 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon, and combine with meat.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil, followed immediately by the garlic and about 30 seconds later, the coconut milk. If desired, add curry paste at ths point. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring and scraping with a wooden spoon, for about 1 minute. Add drained noodles along with meat and vegetables, and cook until noodles absorb most of the coconut milk, about 3 minutes.
- Season with nam pla to taste, then add plenty of black pepper. Garnish with cilantro, and serve.
I really liked the recipe it tasted really good, all of my family loved it