Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious home style Chinese cooking :P
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1⁄2 inches cube gingerroot, peeled and sliced thinly and then shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly then shredded
- 1 lb choy sum, washed and dried thoroughly (bottom of stalks trimmed and discarded, with remainder of stems and leaves cut into 4-inch lengths)
- fresh water chestnut, peeled and shredded (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- Heat wok until it smokes.
- Add oil and heat until it shimmers and is about to start smoking.
- Add ginger and garlic, stir fry until very fragrant, about forty seconds.
- Add choy sum all at once, and stir fry very vigorously; water will escape from the greens immediately.
- Add remaining ingredients, including water chestnuts if you are using them, and stir and fry until the leaves are wilted and the stems are just starting to wilt.
- Immediately remove from heat and scrape into a heated serving platter and serve right away.
Simply delicious....added 1 tsp oyster sauce....wow
simple and delicious