Delicious home style Chinese cooking :P
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 1/2 inches cube gingerroot, peeled and sliced thinly and then shredded
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced thinly then shredded
- 1 lb choy sum, washed and dried thoroughly (bottom of stalks trimmed and discarded, with remainder of stems and leaves cut into 4-inch lengths)
- fresh water chestnut, peeled and shredded (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1Heat wok until it smokes.
- 2Add oil and heat until it shimmers and is about to start smoking.
- 3Add ginger and garlic, stir fry until very fragrant, about forty seconds.
- 4Add choy sum all at once, and stir fry very vigorously; water will escape from the greens immediately.
- 5Add remaining ingredients, including water chestnuts if you are using them, and stir and fry until the leaves are wilted and the stems are just starting to wilt.
- 6Immediately remove from heat and scrape into a heated serving platter and serve right away.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir Fried Choy Sum With Ginger and Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 69.4
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 132.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: