Prep 10 mins
Cook 27 mins
Very economical dish at about $6.00 for a family of 4. Done in 30 minutes.
- 8 ounces frozen Chinese egg noodles, thawed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup sliced cremini mushroom
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups spinach, trimmed
- Cook the egg noodles according to package directions, omitting salt, and fat.
- Drain, and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, add canola oil to pan, and swirl to coat.
- Add mushrooms, and saute for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, and green onions, and saute for 1 minute,stirring constantly.
- Combine soy sauce, and the 5 ingredients, through and including chile paste, stirring well.
- Stir soy sauce mixture, into mushroom mixture, and bring to a boil.
- Add noodles to pan, toss to coat.
- Add eggs, cook 2 minutes or until eggs are set, tossing well.
- Remove from heat, stir in spinach.
Apart from not realising that the mushrooms were finished, so I couldn't use them, I had everything I needed for this delicious and quickly made stirfry. Full of flavour, we really enjoyed it. I'm not sure that my noodles were the ones required, I'll use a thicker noodle next time, but that certainly didnt take away from the ease and enjoyment of this dish. Thank you, WeekendCooker, a nice addition to the rota, made for PRMR tag game