Recipe by Sue Lau
A great chinese vegetable side dish for such stir-fries as Mongolian Beef. Also goes well with Teriyaki steaks and chicken or any meat that needs a good healthy economical vegetable dish.
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 head Chinese cabbage, shredded
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together rice wine, soy sauce, sesame oil, and ginger root in a small bowl; set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat.
- Add red pepper flakes and minced garlic, and stir-fry until it becomes aromatic but not scorched.
- Add shredded cabbage and stir-fry until limp, but not mushy.
- Add contents of seasoning bowl and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes more, until liquid is almost absorbed.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.