Recipe by Texas Spud
I made something very similar without the chicken once before and absolutely loved it. It's also great reheated. I modified this recipe from one that I found off of recipelink.com. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season chicken with pepper to taste.
- In large skillet, stir-fry in oil until lightly browned and tender. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and stir-fry onion and garlic until onion is just tender.
- Add zucchini, squash, and carrot and stir-fry over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through.
- Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and (optional) walnut halves. Toss to mix.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.