1/2 Photos of Stir-Fried Chicken, Zucchini and Squash
Texas Spud's Note:
I made something very similar without the chicken once before and absolutely loved it. It's also great reheated. I modified this recipe from one that I found off of recipelink.com. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3/4 lb zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 cup walnut halves (optional)
- 1Season chicken with pepper to taste.
- 2In large skillet, stir-fry in oil until lightly browned and tender. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- 3Add butter to pan and stir-fry onion and garlic until onion is just tender.
- 4Add zucchini, squash, and carrot and stir-fry over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 5Add chicken and heat through.
- 6Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and (optional) walnut halves. Toss to mix.
- 7Serve over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Chicken, Zucchini and Squash
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.7
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.5 mg
- Sodium 175.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 29.2 g