Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I made something very similar without the chicken once before and absolutely loved it. It's also great reheated. I modified this recipe from one that I found off of recipelink.com. Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons butter or 2 teaspoons margarine
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3⁄4 lb zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 lb yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup walnut halves (optional)
- Season chicken with pepper to taste.
- In large skillet, stir-fry in oil until lightly browned and tender. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to pan and stir-fry onion and garlic until onion is just tender.
- Add zucchini, squash, and carrot and stir-fry over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add chicken and heat through.
- Stir in lemon peel, lemon juice and (optional) walnut halves. Toss to mix.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
So delicious. I omitted the walnuts and accidently over lemoned it, so I counteracted it with three packets of splenda! New favorite.
Summery, fresh taste with the lemon juice...light and healthy. Overall though, I was not impressed by flavor of the dish, lacked a certain punch that could have won me over.
Tasty! I added a few mushrooms in as well, and omitted the walnut halves.