Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another delicious stir fry
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut for stir-fry
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup red pepper, slice
- 8 ounces stringed snow peas
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, chopped
- Mince the garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the cornstarch, and the garlic and stir to combine. Add the chicken strips and toss to coat.
- Put the remaining 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a small bowl and whisk in the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce and chicken broth.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the canola oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chicken and stir-fry until no longer pink, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the pepper slices, snow peas, and scallions, and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Stir the broth mixture, add it to the skillet, and cook, stirring, until the sauce is thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.