Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of Kylie Kwong, a nice simple chicken stir-fry. It is important that the chicken is marinated overnight to bring out the most flavour.
- 800 g chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm slices
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons shaoxing wine or 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons finely diced gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Combine chicken with marinade ingredients in a large bowl and leave to marinade in the refrigerator overnight.
- Heat the oil in a hot wok until surface seems to shimmer slightly. Add half the marinated chicken with the marinade and stir-fry for 1 minute. Remove from wok and set aside. Add remaining chicken and stir-fry for 1 minute. Return reserve chicken to the wok with the soy sauce and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes or until chicken is just cooked through and slightly caramelised.
- Serve with steamed rice.
One of the better honey chicken recipes. Sauce needs to be doubled though. Thank you for posting.