Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my favourite chinese home-cooked dish that goes very well with steamed white rice.
- 3 chicken fillets, skinless & diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 slices young ginger root
- 1 can button mushroom, cut into halves if too big
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 carrot, precooked and diced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cooking wine or 1 tablespoon sherry wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved with water
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Stir-fry the ginger for about 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and green peppers.
- Stir for a while then add some water.
- Stir-fry until the mushrooms and green peppers are rather cooked.
- Add chicken into pan and cooked till it changes color.
- Add carrots and water into pan and stir well.
- Add salt to season.
- Add corn starch solution to thicken the gravy.
- Add in the cooking wine and stir for 30 secs, then remove to serve.
- Serve hot with steamed white rice.