Recipe by Annacia
This healthy stir-fry is also delicious. Why go out and pay restaurant prices when you can eat so well at home?
Top Review by breezermom
I loved this! There isn't much sauce, but with the ginger and garlic, the taste is perfect. I elected to eat it without rice or noodles, as I am really watching my carbs right now, and this was a wonderful dinner for me tonight. Thanks for sharing your yummy recipe.
- 16 ounces chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 1⁄2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated ginger, more ot less to your taste
- 1 1⁄3 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1⁄3 cups snow peas
- 2⁄3 large red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar also works well
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook, tossing with a wooden spoon, until the chicken begins to brown.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the chicken to a plate.
- Blanch the broccoli in the boiling water until the stems just begin to get tender, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Drain and set aside.
- Add the sesame oil and garlic cloves to the wok.
- Turn the heat to medium and cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden.
- Remove the garlic, add the ginger and cook for another minute.
- Turn the heat to high, add the carrots and cook, tossing with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes.
- Add the peas, red peppers and hot pepper flakes, continue tossing with the spoon and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the chicken, broccoli, vinegar and soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Serve immediately over a bed of rice.