1/4 Photos of Stir-Fried Chicken With Gingered Vegetables
This healthy stir-fry is also delicious. Why go out and pay restaurant prices when you can eat so well at home?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 1/2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated ginger, more ot less to your taste
- 1 1/3 cups sliced carrots
- 1 1/3 cups snow peas
- 2/3 large red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar, apple cider vinegar also works well
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- 2Meanwhile, season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Heat the vegetable oil in a nonstick wok or large nonstick skillet over high heat.
- 4When the oil is hot, add the chicken and cook, tossing with a wooden spoon, until the chicken begins to brown.
- 5Turn off the heat and transfer the chicken to a plate.
- 6Blanch the broccoli in the boiling water until the stems just begin to get tender, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- 7Drain and set aside.
- 8Add the sesame oil and garlic cloves to the wok.
- 9Turn the heat to medium and cook until the garlic is fragrant and lightly golden.
- 10Remove the garlic, add the ginger and cook for another minute.
- 11Turn the heat to high, add the carrots and cook, tossing with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes.
- 12Add the peas, red peppers and hot pepper flakes, continue tossing with the spoon and cook for 1 minute more.
- 13Add the chicken, broccoli, vinegar and soy sauce and cook for 2 minutes more.
- 14Serve immediately over a bed of rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Chicken With Gingered Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 139
- Total Fat 15.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 202.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: