Stir-Fried Chicken With Chinese Cabbage
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sherry and the cayenne. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until almost done, 1-2 minutes. Remove.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the onion, garlic and coriander. Cook, stirring, until onion is golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sherry and the vinegar. Cook, stirring one minute longer.
- Add the cabbage, water chestnuts, the remaining 4 teaspoons of soy sauce, the tomato paste, red pepper flakes and water to cook, stirring 3 minutes longer.
- Add the chicken and any accumulated juices, the cilantro and/or the scallions plus the salt and cook 1-2 minutes longer until the chicken is done.