Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Food & Wine Quick from Scratch Chicken Cookbook.
Make and share this Stir-Fried Chicken With Chinese Cabbage recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch peices
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 head Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup drained water chestnut
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 3 tablespoons scallion tops
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sherry and the cayenne. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until almost done, 1-2 minutes. Remove.
- Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the onion, garlic and coriander. Cook, stirring, until onion is golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sherry and the vinegar. Cook, stirring one minute longer.
- Add the cabbage, water chestnuts, the remaining 4 teaspoons of soy sauce, the tomato paste, red pepper flakes and water to cook, stirring 3 minutes longer.
- Add the chicken and any accumulated juices, the cilantro and/or the scallions plus the salt and cook 1-2 minutes longer until the chicken is done.