1/1 Photo of Stir-Fried Chicken With Chinese Cabbage
From Food & Wine Quick from Scratch Chicken Cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/3 lbs skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch peices
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 head Chinese cabbage, sliced
- 3/4 cup drained water chestnut
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro or 3 tablespoons scallion tops
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1In a medium bowl, combine the chicken with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, 1 tablespoon of the sherry and the cayenne. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2In a wok or large frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over moderately high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring, until almost done, 1-2 minutes. Remove.
- 3Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add the onion, garlic and coriander. Cook, stirring, until onion is golden, about 4 minutes.
- 4Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sherry and the vinegar. Cook, stirring one minute longer.
- 5Add the cabbage, water chestnuts, the remaining 4 teaspoons of soy sauce, the tomato paste, red pepper flakes and water to cook, stirring 3 minutes longer.
- 6Add the chicken and any accumulated juices, the cilantro and/or the scallions plus the salt and cook 1-2 minutes longer until the chicken is done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stir-Fried Chicken With Chinese Cabbage
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 87.9 mg
- Sodium 786.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 37.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: