Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful combination, tastes GREAT too! HOPE you will try it and review!
- 3 teaspoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 750 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large spring onion, sliced for garnish
- COMBINE – half the garlic, ginger, five spice powder, soy sauce, salt, pepper and wine (or sherry) in a bowl.
- ADD – cubed chicken, coat well and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- In a separate bowl, COMBINE brown sugar, rice vinegar, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and chicken stock.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons peanut oil in wok and when oil starts to smoke, add diced chicken in small batches; STIR-FRY about 3-4 minutes until golden brown; when removing each batch, keep warm until all chicken is done.
- REDUCE heat of wok slightly and add remaining peanut oil; ADD chilli, garlic and mushrooms; STIR-FRY until soft.
Nice flavours, quick (allowing for marinade time). Instructions need to be better
This has some great flavors! We really liked it. I am giving 4 stars for flavor, and would get 5 stars if instructions were easier to follow. When do you add the jalapeno and coriander? And is the sauce supposed to carmelize? I will make it again, though.