Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wonderful combination, tastes GREAT too! HOPE you will try it and review!
Make and share this Stir Fried Chicken With Chilli Caramel Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 3 teaspoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine or 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 750 g boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons coriander, finely chopped
- 1 large spring onion, sliced for garnish
- COMBINE – half the garlic, ginger, five spice powder, soy sauce, salt, pepper and wine (or sherry) in a bowl.
- ADD – cubed chicken, coat well and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- In a separate bowl, COMBINE brown sugar, rice vinegar, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and chicken stock.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons peanut oil in wok and when oil starts to smoke, add diced chicken in small batches; STIR-FRY about 3-4 minutes until golden brown; when removing each batch, keep warm until all chicken is done.
- REDUCE heat of wok slightly and add remaining peanut oil; ADD chilli, garlic and mushrooms; STIR-FRY until soft.
Nice flavours, quick (allowing for marinade time). Instructions need to be better
This has some great flavors! We really liked it. I am giving 4 stars for flavor, and would get 5 stars if instructions were easier to follow. When do you add the jalapeno and coriander? And is the sauce supposed to carmelize? I will make it again, though.