Stir Fried Chicken With Chilli Caramel Sauce
- COMBINE – half the garlic, ginger, five spice powder, soy sauce, salt, pepper and wine (or sherry) in a bowl.
- ADD – cubed chicken, coat well and marinate for 4-6 hours.
- In a separate bowl, COMBINE brown sugar, rice vinegar, sweet chilli sauce, fish sauce and chicken stock.
- HEAT 2 tablespoons peanut oil in wok and when oil starts to smoke, add diced chicken in small batches; STIR-FRY about 3-4 minutes until golden brown; when removing each batch, keep warm until all chicken is done.
- REDUCE heat of wok slightly and add remaining peanut oil; ADD chilli, garlic and mushrooms; STIR-FRY until soft.